PREPARATION FOR A THIMUN CONFERENCE
The 11 booklets listed below contain more specific information on a certain topic. These booklets have been adapted from the book “Uniting the Nations through Model United Nations“- by Mr David L Williams and Mr Irwin Stein.
- Booklet 1 – The United Nations
- Booklet 2 – The United Nations and National Sovereignty
- Booklet 3 – The Educational Objectives of Model United Nations
- Booklet 4 – Research and Preparation
- Booklet 5 – Developing a Policy
- Booklet 6 – Opening Speeches
- Booklet 7 – Draft Resolutions
- Booklet 8 – The Delegate’s Role in the Lobbying Process
- Booklet 9 – Practicing Debate
- Booklet 10 – Student Officers
- Booklet 11 – General Rules of Procedure at THIMUN Conferences
Please download this sample resolution that also contains useful hints for writing and formatting a resolution. This resolution should be the one and only format used during the THIMUN conferences.
By downloading any PDFs you agree to the following terms:All materials available for downloading from the THIMUN website are copyright of the THIMUN Foundation and the authors named in the publications.
- All materials may only be used for the purpose of teaching and training THIMUN participants. No part of the publications may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.
- The publications may not be distributed by any means.
- Hyper text links to the publications require prior permission from the webmaster.
All publications are correct at the time of publication.